Fresh pepper and zucchini pasta
* PLUS Cooking time: 5 minutes
Fresh pepper and zucchini pasta recipe.Photo, Michael Graydon
Fresh zucchini and crispy bell peppers makes this colourful dish a healthy and satisfying meal. Top with freshly shaven parmesan and serve.
red, yellow or orange
finely chopped fresh
, about 1 large lemon
angel hair or capellini
- Boil a large pot of water over high. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes and peppers and place in a very large bowl. Stir in oregano, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then thinly slice and set aside.
- When water is boiling, add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 5 min. Add zucchini for the last min of cooking. Drain well.
- Add pasta and zucchini to tomato mixture. Toss to mix evenly. Stir in cheese. Serve sprinkled with more cheese, if you like.
- Kitchen Tip: Use a 130-g log of goat cheese instead of parmesan for a creamier sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 100 g,
- 23 g,
- 10 g,
- 976 mg.