Fresh pepper and zucchini pasta
Fresh zucchini and crispy bell peppers makes this colourful dish a healthy and satisfying meal. Top with freshly shaven parmesan and serve.
- 4 medium tomato
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 5 tbsp lemon juice , about 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 450-g pkg angel hair or capellini pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Boil a large pot of water over high. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes and peppers and place in a very large bowl. Stir in oregano, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then thinly slice and set aside.
- When water is boiling, add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 5 min. Add zucchini for the last min of cooking. Drain well.
- Add pasta and zucchini to tomato mixture. Toss to mix evenly. Stir in cheese. Serve sprinkled with more cheese, if you like.
- Kitchen Tip: Use a 130-g log of goat cheese instead of parmesan for a creamier sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 100 g,
- 23 g,
- 10 g,
- 976 mg.