Serving Tip: No lettuce? Roll filling into a whole-wheat tortilla, or serve over rice.
Sesame-chicken lettuce wraps
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 500-g pkg ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms , lightly packed
- 227-mL can water chestnuts , drained and diced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large carrot , coarsely grated
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 8 large leaves Boston lettuce
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then chicken. Stir often with a fork to keep meat crumbly, cooking until meat is no longer pink, 2 to 3 min. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring often, for 2 min.
- Stir broth with soy, sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl until cornstarch dissolves. Add to chicken mixture. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 min. Remove from heat. Stir in carrot and green onions. Season with pepper. Scoop a heaping 1/3 cup of filling onto each lettuce leaf. Serve with hot chili sauce if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 15 g,
- 9 g,
- 3 g,
- 585 mg.