Sweet simmered onions and spice-infused broth will make this easy, one-pan Mediterranean-flavoured chicken one of your new favourite dishes–guaranteed.
This article has not been rated yet.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs , or boneless breasts
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken bouillon , or broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 carrots , thinly sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 green onions , thickly sliced
- Skin chicken. Slice onion in thin wedges and stir in a large frying pan with garlic, seasonings, bouillon, juice and honey. Add carrots. Place chicken on top. Boil gently over medium-high heat, uncovered, until onion is softened, about 10 minutes. Turn chicken halfway through and stir occasionally.
- Partially cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, turning chicken occasionally, until it feels springy, from 10 to 25 minutes, depending on size of thighs. Liquid should be reduced to about 1-1/3 cups (325 mL). Remove chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Stir couscous and green onions into pan juices. Cover pan and turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve chicken on top of couscous.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25.5 g,
- 58.9 g,
- 5.6 g,