Jamie Oliver's Broccoli With Asian Dressing
4 to 6 Servings
This recipe has not been tested by the Chatelaine Test Kitchen.
- 1 bunch of broccoli , about 600 g, regular or purple sprouting
- 1-in. (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh hot red chili
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp (5 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Heat your steamer pan or put a large pan of water on to boil. Break the broccoli up into little pieces and slice up the stalks. Place the broccoli in your steamer or in a colander placed over the pan of boiling water and cover with a tight-fitting lid or some foil. Steam for around 6 minutes, until stalks are tender. Meanwhile, make your dressing. Peel ginger and garlic and grate into a bowl. Halve, deseed and finely chop chili and add to the bowl. Stir in sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce and the juice from lime. Drizzle in balsamic vinegar. Whisk the dressing together and have a taste. What you’re looking for is a flavour balance between saltiness from the soy, sweetness from the balsamic vinegar, acid from the lime and heat from the chili. When the broccoli is cooked, place it on a big serving platter. Mix up the dressing one last time before pouring it over. Absolute heaven!