It only takes 15 minutes to roast veggies for this flavourful linguine dish that’s healthy and so easy to make. Garnish with sweet basil.
Roasted veggies and pasta with goat cheese
* PLUS Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled
- 2 large tomatoes , coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 450-g pkg whole-wheat or spelt linguine pasta
- 1/2 130-g log herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- Position a rack in bottom of oven. Preheat oven to 500F. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Place garlic in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, pepper and onion to garlic, along with oil and salt. Season with fresh pepper and stir to coat. Spread veggies out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast veggies on bottom oven rack until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Add pasta to boiling water after veggies have roasted 7 minutes. Cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes
- Remove roasted garlic to a large bowl. Mash against side of bowl. Add veggies and their juices. Drain pasta and add to bowl. Crumble in cheese. Sprinkle with basil and stir until combined.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 68 g,
- 11 g,
- 7 g,
- 870 mg.