Penne with prosciutto and sugar snap peas
This article has not been rated yet.
3 to 4 Servings
This gorgeous dish smacks of authentic Italian flavours yet tastes incredibly light.
- 1/2 450-g pkg penne or rotini pasta
- 2 handfuls sugar snap peas , about 200 g
- 1 small thin zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil , preferably extra-virgin
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 slices prosciutto , or ham
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta following package directions until al dente, 7 to 9 min. Trim peas and add to pasta water for the last 2 min of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, slice unpeeled zucchini in half lengthwise, then into semicircles. Prepare garlic. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic and capers. Stir often until zucchini starts to soften and capers begin to pop, 3 to 4 min.
- Slice prosciutto into thin strips. Add pasta to zucchini mixture. Dot with Dijon and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Stir in prosciutto slices. Taste and add a pinch of salt or more capers, if needed. Serve in wide bowls.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 48 g,
- 13 g,
- 4 g,