Bulgogi steak and cheese melt
The humble sandwich goes haute. Build a better sandwich with a few fresh ingredients and some creative upgrades.
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar , or honey
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 500 g rib steak , trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions , thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls , sliced in half
- Whisk soy sauce with garlic, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Add steak and stir so marinade coats slices completely. Stir in green onions and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then onions. Cook, stirring often, until onions turn brown, 5 to 6 min. Transfer onions to a bowl. Add half of the steak slices to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until no pink remains, about 2 min. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining steak.
- Layer onions, meat, then cheese on bottom halves of rolls. Sandwich with top halves and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 41 g,
- 45 g,
- 30 g,
- 3 g,
- 910 mg.