Curried BBQ fish
This article has not been rated yet.
Curry works in summer too - especially when it coats healthy fish and is nicely tempered with a cool cucumber-yogourt sauce. Try this addictive fast-fix rub on chicken and lamb as well.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 firm fish fillets , such as catfish or haddock
- 2-Jan English cucumber
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- pinches salt
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil with soy, curry, garlic, ginger, cumin and sesame oil. Place fish in a large resealable bag and pour in soy mixture. Squeeze as much air as possible from bag. Seal tightly with an elastic band as close to fish as possible. Massage to evenly coat with marinade. Leave at room temperature for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high. Peel cucumber, then slice in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Coarsely grate onto paper towels. Pat dry and stir into yogourt along with pinches of salt.
- Remove fillets from marinade. Place on grill and barbecue, covered, until fish is firm to the touch. If fish is 1 in. (2.5 cm) thick, it will need about 5 min per side. Serve with cucumber-yogourt sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 7 g,
- 18 g,