Shrimp and Orange Salad with Roasted BroccoliniBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
With oven-roasted broccolini and fresh orange slices, this is colourful zesty salad is worth getting excited about.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp orange zest , (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oranges
- 250 g broccolini , thicker stems halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large head radicchio , roughly torn, about 8 cups
- 1 454-g pkg large frozen cooked shrimp , thawed and peeled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler.
- Dressing: Whisk 1/3 cup oil with vinegar, honey, Dijon, orange zest and salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Salad: Slice a small piece off top and bottom of each orange. Slice off and discard remaining peel, including white pith. Slice oranges into rounds.
- Toss broccolini with 1 tbsp oil on a large baking sheet. Broil until broccolini starts to brown, 3 to 4 min.
- Meanwhile, arrange radicchio, oranges, shrimp and tomatoes on a large platter. Top with roasted broccolini. Drizzle dressing overtop. Season with pepper.