Chicken Salad with Peanut Butter and Curry DressingBy Chatelaine
Add some new flavours to a classic salad with this sweet and tangy recipe.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 shallots , thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , cut in four 1-in.-thick slices
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts , cut in bite-sized cubes
- 4 mini cucumbers , thinly sliced
- 2 mangoes , peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1 red chili pepper , sliced (optional)
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan set over high. Boil until sugar dissolves. Add shallots. Boil for 1 min. Set aside for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, lay iceberg slices on serving dishes. Top with chicken, cucumbers and mango slices.
- Using a fork, remove shallots from vinegar mixture and arrange over salad.
- Whisk peanut butter, curry paste and oils into vinegar mixture until combined. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with cilantro and chili pepper.
In this recipe, you pickle the shallots in the vinegar mixture, and then use the pickling liquid to make your salad dressing.