Kitchen note: Makes about 400 g / 14 oz.
This recipe, from Will Torrent's Patisserie at Home is one of many detailed how-tos, and eliminates the fear factor in baking classics like mille feuilles, eclairs and croissants!
- 6 1/2 tbsp butter , softened
- 1/2 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or in a bowl with an electric whisk on high speed for up to 4 minutes. You don’t want to get too much air in there otherwise it will puff up in the oven – frangipane should be dense and moist.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well mixed. Fold in the ground almonds and flour with a large spoon until evenly incorporated.
- The frangipane will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.