Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri & Grilled CornBy Chatelaine
Make this delicious flank steak with chimichurri sauce and transform the leftovers into Chimichurri Steak Tacos.
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 2 750g flank steaks
- 6 ears corn , shucked
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 jalapeño , stem and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
1. Stir 1/4 tsp salt with coriander in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Season steaks with salt mixture.
2. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill. Barbecue steaks, lid closed, 4 to 5 min per side for medium- rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board. Loosely tent with foil and let stand for 10 min. Meanwhile, reduce heat to medium.
3. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until tender and charred in some spots, 10 to 12 min. Reserve 2 corn cobs for Chimichurri Steak Tacos. Cool and refrigerate 1 steak for Chimichurri Steak Tacos. Thinly slice remaining steak against the grain.
4. Whirl garlic with jalapeño and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a food processor. Add parsley, cilantro, chives, vinegar and 2 tbsp water, and whirl until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil and whirl until almost smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for Chimichurri Steak Tacos.
5. Stir butter with lime zest and juice, paprika and cumin in a small bowl. Drizzle steak slices with remaining chimichurri sauce. Brush corn with butter mixture and serve alongside.
This is a two-for-one recipe! Reserve 1/3 cup of sauce and cool and refrigerate 1 steak for Chimichurri Steak Tacos.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 43 g,
- 29 g,
- 36 g,
- 4 g,
- 413 mg.
- Excellent source of