Love this veggie quinoa bowl recipe? Here are more grain bowl recipes to add to your recipe books.
Rainbow Veggie Quinoa BowlBy Chatelaine
Eat the rainbow with this colourful quinoa veggie bowl, with a tangy yogurt-herb dressing.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 4 medium hard-boiled eggs , halved
- 1 cup shredded beets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 apple , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds , optional
- 1/2 cup Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs , such as parsley, cilantro, chives and basil
- Cook quinoa following package directions, 15 to 17 min. Fluff with fork.
- Divide quinoa among four bowls. Top each with greens, 1 egg, beets, carrots, apple and sunflower seeds.
- Dressing: Whisk the yogurt with oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and mixed herbs.
- Drizzle dressing over salad to serve.
- For creamy medium-boiled eggs, lower eggs into a pot of boiling water and cook for 8 min. Drain, then rinse in cold water.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 47 g,
- 17 g,
- 7 g,
- 310 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin B12