Oat Buttermilk PancakesBy Chatelaine
Buttermilk pancakes get a healthy makeover with the addition of oats and whole-wheat flour.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- maple syrup , for serving
- assorted berries , for serving
- Stir flour with oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs with buttermilk and oil in a large bowl. Whisk in flour mixture. Set batter aside for 15 min.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low. Pour 1/3 cup batter into pan. Cook until bubbles form on top of each pancake and edges begin to brown, 2 to 3 min. Using a wide spatula, flip and continue cooking until the bottoms of pancakes are golden, 1 to 2 more min. (Don’t press or pancakes will become tough.) Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting heat if necessary. Serve pancakes with maple syrup and berries.
- Reduce cook time by using two non-stick pans at the same time.
Use a spoon to scoop flour into a measuring cup. Use a knife to scrape off excess, and don’t pack the flour down or you’ll end up with too much.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 38 g,
- 9 g,
- 4 g,
- 420 mg.