Spicy Italian sautéBy Chatelaine
Only a few fresh ingredients needed: sausage, onion, tomatoes, red pepper and basil. Serve with a nice bottle of red and enjoy!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500 g spicy Italian sausages , cut into 1/2 in. diagonal slices
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tomatoes , sliced into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- slices of focaccia bread
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium. Add oil, then sausages. Stir often, until sausages turn dark golden, about 5 min. Move sausages to side of the pan, then add onion. Cook until onion starts to soften, about 3 min.
- POUR in wine and cook until wine is absorbed, 2 to 3 min. Add tomatoes and red pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes and peppers are soft, 8 to 10 more min. Stir in basil and season with pepper. Serve on warm focaccia slices.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 9 g,
- 20 g,
- 2 g,
- 789 mg.
Pair it with: A complex blend of reds.
A stylish blend of shiraz, merlot, cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc, Clancy’s delivers lashings of ripe forest berries, rich mocha and spicy oak. All in all, a great pairing for this sausage and veggie dish.
Our pick: Peter Lehmann Clancy’s Red Barossa, Australia, $18.