Japanese dumpling soup
6 cups (1.5 L)
Not all soups are created equal. This fast, flavourful meal in a bowl needs less than 10 minutes of simmering to produce an incredibly authentic-tasting broth.
- 1-in piece of ginger
- 14-g pkg dried shitake or mixed mushrooms
- 900-ml carton chicken broth
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 baby bok choy , or 1/2 small bok choy
- 2 green onions
- 300-g pkg or 1/2 600-g pkg frozen Asian dumplings
- 1/4 cup frozen peas , or shelled edamame
- Peel ginger, then thinly slice. If mushrooms are large, break in half. Stir both in a large saucepan with broth, teriyaki and sesame oil. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice bok choy and onions. When broth is boiling, add dumplings. Bring back to a boil. Following package directions, cook dumplings, uncovered, and stirring occasionally until done, from 8 to 12 min. Stir in bok choy, onions and peas for the last 2 min of cooking.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 17 g,
- 3 g,
- 2 g,