These delicious chickpea and lentil burgers will impress vegetarians and meat lovers too. Top with your favourite ingredients and enjoy!
- 1/3 cup large-flake oats
- 1/2 540-mL can chickpeas , drained, about 1 cup
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 540-mL can lentils , drained, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Whirl oats in a food processor until ground. Add chickpeas, garlic, onions, egg, chili powder, oregano and salt. Whirl, scraping down mixture as needed, until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in lentils, cucumber and parsley. Shape into four 3 1/2-in.-wide patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Spray pan with cooking spray. Cook 2 patties until golden and warmed through, 2 to 3 min per side. Repeat with remaining patties. Top with tahini sauce or roasted plum tomatoes
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 32 g,
- 3 g,
- 7 g,
- 455 mg.