This easy recipe, bursting with a refreshing Oriental taste, is adapted from The Greengrocer’s Kitchen (Goose Lane) by Pete Luckett, owner of the Pete’s Frootique shop in Nova Scotia. Luckett, a frequent TV guest, has used his produce wisdom to tweak more than 50 vegetables into enticing recipes. In his book, he also gives the latest dirt on choosing and storing produce and herbs.
Stir-fried jicama and snow peas
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 peeled jicama , about 375 g
- 250 to 500 g snow peas , trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, chili sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Slice jicama into matchstick-size pieces. Prepare snow peas and cilantro. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Stir-fry jicama for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and soy mixture at same time. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Immediately stir in cilantro and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.3 g,
- 22.3 g,
- 5.9 g,
- 9.3 g,