Update an old favourite with sauteed chicken and greens.
Jazzy Caesar salad
This article has not been rated yet.
- 10 cherry, yellow pear-shape or grape tomatoes
- 1 small bunch asparagus , about 250 g
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 500 g chicken stir-fry strips , or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette-style Caesar salad dressing
- freshly ground black pepper
- topping of shaved parmesan
- Slice tomatoes in half. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus, then slice spears into bite-size pieces. Set aside. Wash romaine and tear into bite-size pieces. You should have about 3 cups (750 mL). Combine in a salad bowl with spinach.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over high heat. Add prosciutto and cook until crisp, from 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove prosciutto and drain on paper towels. Add tomatoes to hot fat in pan and stir-fry over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl. Add chicken to pan and stir-fry until lightly browned, from 2 to 3 minutes. Add to tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add asparagus and cook, covered, until just tender, from 3 to 5 minutes. Then toss dressing with romaine and spinach. Add asparagus and pan juices, tomatoes and chicken and toss. Serve sprinkled with broken pieces of prosciutto, pepper and Parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20.9 g,
- 5.2 g,
- 8.5 g,
- 2.5 g,
- 229 mg.