Dinner is all wrapped up in this easygoing egg dish. Store-bought tzatziki adds creamy zing to scrambled eggs. Look for it at the deli counter or refrigerator section in your grocery store. We like the look of the colourful spinach-flavoured tortillas, but regular ones work just as well.
- 2 green onions
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup bottled marinated artichoke hearts , drained
- 4 large flour tortillas , preferably spinach-flavoured
- 227-g containter tzatziki , about 1 cup
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Thinly slice green onions. Pat red peppers dry with paper towels, then slice into thin strips. Pat artichokes dry, then coarsely chop. Lay tortillas on countertop. Spread each tortilla right to edges with 2 tbsp (30 mL) tzatziki. Sprinkle green onions, red peppers and artichokes down centre of each. Crack eggs into a large bowl. Whisk with 4 tbsp (60 mL) tzatziki, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir eggs often until they form soft thick curds, about 4 minutes. Spoon over vegetables on tortillas. Wrap tortillas around filling. Cut wraps in half diagonally. Serve warm or at room temperature with leftover tzatziki for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19.9 g,
- 39.6 g,
- 22.8 g,
- 3.6 g,
- 858 mg.