Finger-lickin' Cajun chicken
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes , cut into chunks
- 4 green onions , sliced
- Melt butter in a large, wide frying pan over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with Cajun seasoning. Add to pan. Cook, uncovered, until chicken is golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 min per side. Transfer chicken to a platter and cover loosely with foil.
- Drain all but 1 tbsp oil from the pan and return to heat. Add tomatoes.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in any brown bits from pan bottom. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to break down and turn saucy, about 5 min. Stir in onions for the last 3 min of cooking. Serve sauce over chicken.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 6 g,
- 38 g,
- 2 g,
- 309 mg.
Pair it with: A punchy pinot.
This ripe, round pinot grigio is far removed from those of Italian origin. Californian offerings tend to show more weight and viscosity but still maintain a crispness that works well with the spice and tomato of this dish.
Our pick: 2010 Big House The Birdman Pinot Grigio, California, $14.