Ripe and juicy fall tomatoes don’t require lengthy simmering. Showcase their great flavour in this no-cook sauce instead.
Farfalle with Harvest Tomatoes and Brie
- 1/2 500-g pkg farfalle or penne pasta
- 4 tomatoes , preferably a mix of red and yellow
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt , to taste
- 150 g brie or camembert
- Cook pasta following package directions, about 8 to 10 min. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes. Slice prosciutto into thin strips. Prepare garlic and basil. Place all in a large bowl and add oil and salt. Stir to mix. Cut brie into small pieces. (It’s okay to leave rind on.) It should measure about 1 cup (250 mL).
- When pasta is cooked, ladle out about 1/4 cup (50 mL) pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta, then return to pasta pot. Add tomato mixture and brie. Toss to mix. If needed, stir in reserved pasta water, a little at a time, just until moist.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 55 g,
- 19 g,
- 5 g,
- 577 mg.