Attention, cheese lovers: These Parmesan burgers with a nippy cheddar centre are calling your name. The fries roast while the burgers sizzle.
Double cheeseburgers and oven fries
This article has not been rated yet.
4 burgers with fries
- 3 to 4 large potatoes
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup feta, brie or grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Coat a baking sheet with oil. Place in oven. Slice unpeeled potatoes into thick wedges. Put in a bowl and drizzle with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and toss. Spread in a single layer on the hot baking sheet. Roast, turning once or twice, until golden, about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, crumble meat into a bowl. Add Worcestershire, chili-garlic sauce, salt and Parmesan. Using your hands, gently mix together. Shape into 8 thin patties, each about 1/4 in. (0.5 cm) thick. Scatter cheddar over 4 of them. Then top with remaining patties and press edges together to seal. Gently pat down burgers. To prevent puffing in the middle, use your thumb to make a shallow depression in centre of each.
- Coat a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. When hot, add burgers. Cook, reducing heat if needed, until slightly firm when pressed, 6 to 7 min per side. Serve with fries and your favourite fixings.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 49 g,
- 22 g,
- 5 g,