Classic chicken soupBy Chatelaine
Warm up with a bowl of Classic chicken soup for under 400 calories. It's the ultimate comfort food.
- 9 cups Butcher's Chicken Broth , recipe link below
- 2 celery stalks , diced with leaves, about 1 cup
- 1 small leek , sliced (white and light-green parts only)
- 1 large carrot , diced, about 1 cup
- 1/4 tsp savory
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups egg noodle pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- BOIL Butcher’s chicken broth in a large pot. Add celery, leek, carrot, savory and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Gently boil until vegetables are tender, 10 min.
- ADD chicken thighs and continue cooking until no pink remains, about 10 min. Transfer chicken to a plate. Cool slightly and shred using 2 forks.
- ADD noodles and cook until just tender, 5 to 7 min. Stir in chicken and parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 27 g,
- 9 g,
- 3 g,
- 913 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A