Chia and coconut puddingBy Chatelaine
Power up your diet with some delicious superfood! This make-ahead dessert is a healthy way to add a sweet note to dinner (eating right has never tasted so good).
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 330-mL carton unsweetened coconut water , about 1 1/3 cups
- 1/3 cup white or black chia seeds
- 5 tsp honey , preferably manuka
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 large mango , peeled, seeded and diced
- 170-g tub raspberries
- Whisk coconut milk with coconut water in a medium bowl. Whisk in chia seeds until completely covered with liquid. Whisk in honey and cinnamon until combined. Cover and refrigerate until mixture thickens like a pudding, about 6 hours.
- Toast coconut in a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high, stirring often, until golden, 2 to 3 min.
- Scoop chia pudding into bowls. Top with mango, raspberries and toasted coconut.
Chatelaine Quickie: Chia coconut pudding
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 35 g,
- 13 g,
- 11 g,
- 106 mg.