Make a double batch of these melt-in-your-mouth almond sable cookies; they’re irresistible.
Almond sable cookies
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond , with skin on
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- parchment paper
- Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Place flour and salt in a medium bowl. Coarsely chop almonds and, using a fork, stir into flour mixture. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until evenly mixed. Gradually beat in flour mixture and almonds until dough begins to come together. Divide dough into 2 portions, then form into discs. If dough does not easily form into discs, knead a little until it comes together. Then, to firm up dough slightly, wrap discs in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 30 min before rolling.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 300F (150C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray or coat with oil. For easy rolling, place a disc of dough between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper. Roll out until about 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick. Using a 2-in. (5-cm) floured cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on baking sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of preheated oven, switching baking sheets halfway through, until cookies are firm to the touch, 15 to 20 min. Cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container in a cool place or refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 13 g,
- 9 g,
- 1 g,
- 27 mg.