Shrimp and onion tacosBy Chatelaine
- 1 red onion
- 400-g pkg frozen raw large shrimp , thawed and peeled
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 soft corn or flour tortillas
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high.
- PEEL onion and cut into 8 wedges, keeping the core intact to hold each wedge together. Toss onion and shrimp with oil in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Oil grill. Barbecue onion wedges, lid open, until charred on 1 side, about 3 min. Flip, then add shrimp. Barbecue until shrimp turn pink and onions are tender, about 2 min per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate and onions to a cutting board. Coarsely chop onions.
- SERVE shrimp and onions on tortillas.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 33 g,
- 12 g,
- 1 g,
- 473 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12