Petit lobster rollsBy Chatelaine
Homemade buns stuffed with a fresh easy lobster filling elevate this down-east treat to dinner party status!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs , at room temperature
- 2-Jan Granny Smith apple , diced
- 2-Jan celery stalk , diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked lobster , meat only
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- POSITION a rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- COMBINE water with butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Set over medium and bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour all at once, beating briskly until mixture comes away from sides of pan. Return to heat and continue stirring for 1 min. Then cool for 5 min. Using same wooden spoon, beat in 1 egg until fully combined into the dough. Add remaining egg. Continue beating until dough is thick and shiny. Scrape into a resealable plastic bag. Snip 1 in. off a corner of bag just before piping. Pipe 8 3 1/2-in. strips onto prepared sheet.
- BAKE in lower third of oven until rolls are puffy, 15 min. Without opening oven door, reduce heat to 350F and continue baking until rolls are golden, 10 to 12 more min. Remove from oven and immediately poke 4 holes into the side of each roll using a toothpick. Cool on a rack.
- COMBINE apple with celery and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Whisk mayonnaise with chives, vinegar and cayenne in another bowl. Stir in lobster until coated.
- SLICE down the centre of a roll to create an opening. Stuff with lobster mixture. Top with apple and celery mixture and garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 16 g,
- 23 g,
- 1 g,
- 523 mg.