Besides being summery, these skewers look fancy! Perfect for last-minute dinners, they take little effort.
Dill & lime shrimp kebabs
This article has not been rated yet.
- 454-g bag frozen cooked peeled shrimp
- 2 large limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil or dill
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1/2 zucchini
- 6 large skewer
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high. Rinse frozen shrimp under cold running water until ice crystals melt. Pat dry with paper towels. Squeeze about 1/3 cup (75 mL) lime juice into a large bowl. Whisk in oil, honey and seasonings. Pour half into a small bowl and stir in basil.
- Add shrimp to large bowl. Slice pepper and zucchini into 2-inch (5-cm) chunks. Stir into shrimp mixture. Then alternately thread shrimp, pepper and zucchini onto skewers.
- Place skewers on grill. Brush with remaining oil mixture. Then discard mixture. Barbecue, uncovered, turning often, until shrimp are bright pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place kebabs on a platter and drizzle with reserved basil-oil mixture. Great on a bed of rice or noodles.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15.8 g,
- 5.8 g,
- 3 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 114 mg.