Carrot And Currant SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 as a side dish
Fresh garden carrots, sweet apples, and tart currants are complemented by the tangy-sweet flavours of mustard and honey. This is a delightful hang-on-to-summer salad to enjoy anytime! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and vegetarian.
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh currant
- 1 large apple , coed, peeled, and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp whole-gain mustard
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Combine the carrots, currants, and apple in a large bowl.
- Mix the orange juice, the honey, the mustard, and the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the orange juice and honey mixture to the carrots and currants and apple and mix thoroughly.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator and eat within a day.
From The Little Prairie Book of Berries, copyright © 2021 Sheryl Normandeau. Reprinted with permission of TouchWood Editions.