Use a plant-based sausage to make this meal vegetarian.
Endive and bean salad with grilled sausageBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Welcome BBQ season with grilled meat! Hearty sausage mixed with crisp endive and beans make for a deliciously quick weeknight dinner.
- 450 g sausage , hot, Italian
- 5 heads endive , halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup olive oil , divided
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp vinegar , red-wine
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 540 mLcan cannellini beans , (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup almonds , toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sultana or golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- black olives
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
2. Prick sausages with a fork. Brush endive with 1 tbsp oil.
3. Oil grill. Add sausage and endive, then reduce heat to medium. Cook, lid closed, 6 to 8 min. Turn sausage and endive. Continue to grill, lid closed, until sausage is golden-brown and cooked through, and endive is tender and lightly charred, 6 to 8 min.
4. Whisk remaining 5 tbsp oil with vinegar and Dijon in a medium bowl. Reserve2 tbsp dressing, then stir in beans, almonds, raisins, parsley and olives. Slice sausage diagonally, then divide among plates, along with endive. Drizzle reserved dressing over endive. Top with bean mixture.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 51 g,
- 38 g,
- 12 g,
- 995 mg.
- Excellent source of