You’ll be amazed that just a few ingredients can generate so much flavour. We used spicy Italian turkey sausage and a package of mixed, grated light cheeses specially blended for pizza.
Three Toppings To Try
1. Smear top crust with goat cheese. Sprinkle with roasted peppers and finely chopped jalapeños.
2. Cover with cream cheese and scatter with strips of smoked salmon, capers and finely chopped red and green onion.
3. Add thinly sliced or diced peaches, prosciutto strips and shredded fresh basil to a cream cheese-covered base.
Pizza…On The Grill!
Start with a store-bought, thin pizza crust, as we have done in our Sicilian Sausage & Pepper Pizza, and you’ll have a hot slice within 10 minutes.
* Oil crust on both sides before putting on hot grill. This encourages browning and prevents drying out.
* Place crust, bottom side up, on hot grill. Leave until grill marks appear, 2 to 4 minutes. This warms top side of crust.
* Turn crust over. Add toppings. Keep them light. If you want to do elaborate arranging, remove crust to a plate or cutting board.
* Continue grilling until cheese starts to melt and grill marks form on bottom, 2 to 4 minutes.