Bucatini with Cherry Tomatoes and BurrataBy Chatelaine
- 450 g dried bucatini pasta
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter , divided
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves , divided
- 1 125-g ball burrata cheese , quartered
- or 2 balls burratini cheese , halved
- Cook pasta following package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and then drain pasta. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium. Add 2 tbsp butter, and then panko. Cook, stirring, until golden-brown, 3 to 5 min. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Wipe pan clean and set over medium. Melt remaining 4 tbsp butter, and then add anchovies, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, breaking up anchovies with a wooden spoon, until anchovies are dissolved and garlic is fragrant, about 2 min.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine, 3 cups tomatoes and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are very soft, 5 to 6 min. Gently squish tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon. Continue to cook until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 min more.
- Add remaining 3 cups tomatoes, reserved pasta water and half of the basil. Bring to a boil. Add drained pasta. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is thickened and pasta is evenly coated, about 2 min.
- Divide pasta among 4 plates. Top with burrata, and then sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup basil.
Make your own bread crumbs by whirling day old, or lightly toasted, bread in a food processor until very finely chopped.