This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 500-g pkg Italian sausages , about 4
- 1 jalapeno , finely chopped
- 1 avocado , diced (optional)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro , or basil
- 4 hot-dog buns
- Combine corn with onion, sugar, cumin and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 min. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Make several shallow slashes in sausages. Oil grill and barbecue sausages, lid closed, turning occasionally, until firm when pressed, about 12 min.
- Stir jalapeno, avocado, lime juice and cilantro into corn mixture. Serve over warm sausages nestled in buns.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 51 g,
- 28 g,
- 3 g,
- 1477 mg.