Vegan EggnogBy Chatelaine
about 2 cups
If you like eggnog, you'll really like homemade eggnog. Try our dreamy oat milk version on the rocks, with a side of cookies, or even in a White Russian.
- 2 1/4 cups barista-style oat milk , such as Earth's Own
- 1/4 cup brandy , (optional)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar , or maple syrup
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- freshly grated nutmeg , for serving (optional)
1. Combine oat milk with brandy, sugar, ground cinnamon and cloves in a medium saucepan set over medium.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer, 8 to 10 min.
3. Remove from heat. Whisk in vanilla. Set aside to cool completely.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Serve over ice, adding more brandy, if desired. Top with freshly grated nutmeg.
Nutrition (per ½ cup)
- 2 g,
- 20 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 59 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12