Tuna panzanella saladBy Chatelaine
When the sun’s blazing and the mercury’s rising, try a refreshing no-cook salad to cool you down.
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 2 cups torn, day-old multi-grain artisanal bread
- 2 170-g cans tuna , in broth and oil, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes , chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup mini pearls of bocconcini
- 2 tbsp sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- WHISK vinegar, oil and garlic in a large bowl. Add bread, tuna and remaining ingredients. Toss until well coated. Let stand 5 min for bread to absorb dressing before serving.
Chatelaine Quickies: Nordic potato salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 17 g,
- 15 g,
- 3 g,
- 278 mg.