Tofu kedgereeBy Chatelaine
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 1/2 tsp curry powder , divided
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sultana raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 210-g pkg smoked tofu , cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 4 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- HEAT 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium. Add onion, garlic and 2 tsp curry powder. Cook until onion is soft, 3 to 4 min. Stir in rice. Add broth, raisins and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until rice is just tender and liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 min.
- TOSS cauliflower with remaining 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp curry powder and 1/4 tsp salt on prepared sheet. Roast 10 min, then add tofu to baking sheet and continue roasting until cauliflower is tender-crisp, about 15 more min.
- REMOVE rice from heat and stir in spinach until wilted. Transfer to a platter. Top kedgeree with cauliflower, tofu and cilantro.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gingery tofu and rice noodle soup
[bc_video video_id=”5170704359001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”default”]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 63 g,
- 13 g,
- 5 g,
- 658 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C