Get instructions on boiling eggs to the perfect medium-runny centre here.
Summer club saladBy Chatelaine
A protein-packed salad that's creamy, zesty and fresh.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , halved lengthwise
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon , cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado , sliced
- fresh pepper , to season
- BOIL a large pot of water. Add chicken and eggs. Boil eggs until medium soft, about 7 min, then remove with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water. Continue simmering chicken until it is cooked through, about 10 min. Transfer chicken to a plate. Using 2 forks, shred chicken.
- HEAT a medium non-stick frying pan over medium. Add bacon, and cook until crisp, 4 to 5 min per side. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- WHISK mayonnaise with Dijon mustard and white vinegar in a small bowl until smooth.
- CHOP romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Divide among 4 plates. Top with sliced avocado, shredded chicken and bacon. Drizzle with mayo mixture. Season with fresh pepper. Peel eggs and slice in half. Arrange on top of salads.
Chatelaine Quickies: One pot pasta
Nutrition (per serving)
- 41 g,
- 11 g,
- 29 g,
- 7 g,
- 456 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A