Asparagus and salmon sheet pan dinnerBy Chatelaine
Asapragus and salmon are a classic combination, and cooking them at the same time means you can have dinner on the table in less than thirty minutes.
- 1 800-g salmon fillet
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped capers
- 1/2 tsp pepper , divided
- 1 bunch asparagus , trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 lemon , cut into 4 wedges
- PREHEAT oven to 425F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- LAY salmon skin-side down in centre of prepared sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- WHISK lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp of the oil, lemon zest, capers, 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tbsp lemon mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over salmon.
- ARRANGE asparagus and garlic around the salmon and drizzle with remaining oil. Toss with remaining salt and pepper. Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 min.
- DRIZZLE reserved lemon mixture over asparagus, then sprinkle with dill. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Kitchen Tip: If you like your asparagus with a bit of a crunch, add to baking sheet during last 10 min of cooking time. This recipe can also be made with 4 200-g salmon fillets.
Chatelaine Quickies: Provencal pan salmon
[bc_video video_id=”5117215590001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 6 g,
- 23 g,
- 2 g,
- 625 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6