Asparagus and salmon sheet pan dinner
Photo, Erik Putz.
Asapragus and salmon are a classic combination, and cooking them at the same time means you can have dinner on the table in less than thirty minutes.
1 1/2 tbsp
1 1/2 tbsp
, peeled and thinly sliced
, cut into 4 wedges
- PREHEAT oven to 425F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- LAY salmon skin-side down in centre of prepared sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- WHISK lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp of the oil, lemon zest, capers, 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tbsp lemon mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over salmon.
- ARRANGE asparagus and garlic around the salmon and drizzle with remaining oil. Toss with remaining salt and pepper. Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 min.
- DRIZZLE reserved lemon mixture over asparagus, then sprinkle with dill. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Kitchen Tip: If you like your asparagus with a bit of a crunch, add to baking sheet during last 10 min of cooking time. This recipe can also be made with 4 200-g salmon fillets.
Chatelaine Quickies: Provencal pan salmon
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 6 g,
- 23 g,
- 2 g,
- 625 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6