Salmon fillets with green beans and zucchini orzoBy Chatelaine
Salmon served with a flavourful zucchini-laced orzo salad makes for a delicious weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 3 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 3 tbsp chopped dill
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets , about 500 g, patted dry
- 2 cups green beans , trimmed and halved
- 1 zucchini , halved lengthwise and sliced diagonally
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook, following package directions, until tender, 8 min. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, Dijon, honey and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Whisk in 3 tbsp oil, then toss with orzo and dill.
- HEAT remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Add to pan, skin-side down. Cook for 2 min, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until bottom is golden, about 3 min. Flip fillets and cook until a knife tip inserted in centre of fish and held for 10 sec comes out warm, 1 to 2 min more.
- RETURN pan to medium-high. Add beans and cook for 1 min. Stir in zucchini and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 min. Stir in orzo mixture and serve with salmon.
Chatelaine Quickies: Provencal pan salmon
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 55 g,
- 26 g,
- 4 g,
- 860 mg.