Salmon BurgersBy Chatelaine
Use the extra salmon fillet from last night's Baked Salmon and Rice Bowls with Togarashi for tonight's yummy salmon burgers.
- 2 1/2 cups flaked baked salmon , (from Baked Salmon and Rice Bowls with Togarashi)
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise , divided
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp finely chopped dill , divided
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 radishes , cut in matchsticks (1/3 cup)
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar , divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Brioche buns , halved
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Stir salmon with egg, 1/2 cup mayo, bread crumbs and 2 tbsp dill in a large bowl. With damp hands, form into four 3/4-in. thick patties and arrange on prepared sheet. Broil, flipping halfway, until golden brown, about 12 min.
3. Toss carrots with radish and green onions in a medium bowl. Stir in 2 tsp vinegar, salt and sugar.
4. Stir Dijon with remaining 1/4 cup mayo, 1 tbsp dill and 1 tsp vinegar in a small bowl.
5. Spread mayo mixture onto bottom buns. Top each with 1 salmon burger, carrot mixture and a top bun.
This is a two-for-one recipe! Use the Salmon from our Baked Salmon and Rice Bowls with Togarashi to make these burgers.
To toast buns, place halves on a baking sheet, cut-side up, and bake at 350F until they’re crisp and lightly golden, 3 to 5 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 44 g,
- 51 g,
- 62 g,
- 2 g,
- 1 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A, folate and iron