Roasted trout with farro and Swiss chardBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 1/4 cups farro
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 6 trout fillets , (about 150 g each)
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 bunch swiss chard , finely chopped, stems and leaves separated
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- PREHEAT oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- COOK farro, following package directions, until tender. Drain. Reserve 3 cups for Trout Grain Bowl. Toss remaining 2 cups in 2 tsp oil in a bowl.
- PLACE trout, skin-side down, on prepared baking sheet. Brush with 2 tsp oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
- ROAST until a knife tip inserted into the thickest part of fish and gently parting it shows flesh is opaque, about 8 min. Reserve 2 fillets for Trout Grain Bowl.
- HEAT remaining 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add garlic and cook 30 sec. Add chard stems and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook until stems are tender, about 2 min. Add vinegar and chard leaves. Stir until slightly wilted, about 1 min. Serve with trout and farro.
How to de-stem leafy greens
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 34 g,
- 12 g,
- 4 g,
- 634 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A