Grilled Filipino pork skewers
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS 2 hours marinating time
Photo, Erik Putz.
, 7Up or Sprite
, cut into 3-in.-long strips about 1/4 in. thick
- SOAK skewers in water for at least 20 min or overnight.
- WHISK 7Up, soy, sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic powder, pepper and pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add pork and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hr or overnight.
- PREHEAT grill to medium-high. Thread each pork strip onto a skewer in an “S” shape, pushing down so skewer isn’t exposed. Reserve marinade. Oil grill and cook pork, brushing with marinade before flipping once, until pork is cooked, about 2 min per side. Remove from heat.
- SAUCE: Stir vinegar, garlic, chili pepper and salt in a bowl. Serve with pork skewers.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet hot dogs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 15 g,
- 4 g,
- 899 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12