Grilled Filipino pork skewersBy Chatelaine
- 18 wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup lemon-lime soda , 7Up or Sprite
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 750 g pork shoulder , cut into 3-in.-long strips about 1/4 in. thick
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 large chili pepper , chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- SOAK skewers in water for at least 20 min or overnight.
- WHISK 7Up, soy, sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic powder, pepper and pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add pork and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hr or overnight.
- PREHEAT grill to medium-high. Thread each pork strip onto a skewer in an “S” shape, pushing down so skewer isn’t exposed. Reserve marinade. Oil grill and cook pork, brushing with marinade before flipping once, until pork is cooked, about 2 min per side. Remove from heat.
- SAUCE: Stir vinegar, garlic, chili pepper and salt in a bowl. Serve with pork skewers.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet hot dogs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 15 g,
- 4 g,
- 899 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12