Gingery tofu and rice noodle soupBy Chatelaine
- 900 mL vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium leeks , white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 125 g flat rice noodles
- 350 g extra-firm tofu , drained and diced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts , or pea shoots
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, mint or cilantro
- lime wedges , optional
- BOIL broth with water, leeks, cinnamon and ginger in a large pot. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil for 10 min. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Stir in noodles, tofu and soy. Cook until noodles are tender, about 10 min. Stir in spinach during the last min of cooking.
- DIVIDE soup among 4 bowls. Top with bean sprouts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges squeezed overtop.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gingery tofu and rice noodle soup
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 47 g,
- 7 g,
- 4 g,
- 943 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A