Kitchen Tip: Keep asparagus bundled with a rubber band around woody ends. Slicing across the bunch will speed up your prep time.
Chicken, asparagus and udon noodle saladBy Chatelaine
- 2 200-g pkgs udon noodles
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 bunch asparagus , trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally (3 cups)
- 1 cup grated carrots , about 2 medium
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced
- COOK noodles in a large pot, following package directions, about 2 min. Drain and rinse well under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
- WHISK soy with vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and sugar in a large bowl.
- ADD chicken, asparagus, carrot, green onions and noodles to the bowl, tossing to combine.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai steak salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 40 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 971 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A