Kung Pao cauliflower stir fryBy Chatelaine
Ditch the meat and the takeout tonight.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce , divided
- 3 tbsp Apera or dry sherry , divided (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 340-g pkgs cauliflower florets , (8 cups)
- 1 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper , chopped
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup toasted cashews
- COOK rice following package directions. Let stand 10 min, then fluff with a fork.
- COMBINE 2 tbsp soy, 2 tbsp sherry, ginger and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and toss. Combine 3 tbsp water with remaining 1 tbsp soy and 1 tbsp sherry, chili-garlic sauce, sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add cauliflower and stir-fry until tender-crisp, 5 to 6 min. Add bell pepper and cook until it starts to soften, about 2 min. Stir soy-sherry mixture and pour over vegetables. Add green onions and cashews. Stir until heated through, 1 to 2 min. Remove from heat. Serve over rice.
Mastering the basics: kung pao chicken
[bc_video video_id=”4142679502001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 25 g,
- 19 g,
- 7 g,
- 725 mg.