Black bean and tofu burgersBy Chatelaine
Planning your next BBQ? These black bean and tofu burgers will delight your vegetarian foodie guests.
- 1/2 cup canned black beans , rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 350 g extra-firm tofu
- 4 hamburger buns , toasted
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Whirl black beans with garlic, oats, ketchup, cilantro, flax meal, chipotle chili powder and salt in a food processor, scraping down sides if needed, until smooth. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Pat extra-firm tofu dry with paper towels. Squeeze gently to drain excess liquid. Crumble into coarse pieces and stir into black bean mixture. Divide mixture into 4 portions. Form into 1-in.-thick patties.
- Oil grill. Barbecue burgers, lid open, until firm to the touch and grill marks form, 4 to 5 min per side. Serve on buns and top with your favourite burger toppings.
How to cook with soft, medium and extra firm tofu
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 48 g,
- 4 g,
- 5 g,
- 958 mg.
- Excellent source of