Baked Chicken Freekeh Bowl
This article has not been rated yet.
Photo, Erik Putz.
Get your freekeh on with this tasty grain bowl. Baked chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion all hang out in a delicious tahini dressing.
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp
3 1/2 tbsp
hot pepper flakes
halved grape or cherry
- Cook freekeh following package directions until tender, 20 to 25 min. Drain and set aside.
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk 1⁄4 cup oil with garlic, 21⁄2 tbsp lemon juice, paprika, cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper flakes in a large bowl. Reserve half of dressing in a small bowl. Toss chicken into large bowl with dressing. Let stand for 15 min.
- Shake excess marinade off chicken and arrange on prepared sheet. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 18 min. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Stir tahini with remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp oil and 4 tsp water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Divide freekeh among four bowls. Add chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, a dollop of hummus, pomegranate seeds and mint. Serve with reserved dressing and tahini mixture.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 49 g,
- 42 g,
- 31 g,
- 10 g,
- 776 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A