Vegan Strawberry-Rhubarb Oat SquaresBy Chatelaine
1 h 30 min
With an irresistible oat crust and fruity, vibrant centre—these bars are a sure sign of summer.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour , (150 g)
- 1 1/4 cups large-flake oats , (125 g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar , (128 g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil , melted
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 300 g frozen sliced Rhubarb , about 2 cups
- 300 g frozen sliced strawberries , about 2 cups
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350F. Line the bottom of a 99-in. baking pan with parchment, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Crust: Stir flour with oats, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle with melted coconut oil. Stir until combined. Set aside ½ cup oat mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture evenly in prepared pan, then firmly press down.
- Filling: Stir jam with cornstarch and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add frozen fruits and stir until coated. Arrange over oat mixture in pan as evenly as possible. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture overtop.
- Bake until fruit is bubbly around edges, 60 to 75 min. Transfer pan to a rack and cool completely, about 2 hrs. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 29 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 40 mg.