An ice cream maker creates a creamier texture. Freezing the coconut mixture on its own will give the ice cream an icy texture.
Vegan mango & coconut ice popsBy Chatelaine
These creamy, icy and tropical treats are made with vegan coconut ice cream layered with mango purée.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 400 mL cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 300g frozen mango , (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 12 3oz paper cups
1. Coconut Ice Cream: Whisk sugar with cornstarch and salt in a medium pot. Slowly mix in coconut milk and vanilla. Bring to a simmer over medium and gently boil until thickened, 3 to 4 min.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Put plastic wrap directly on surface, then refrigerate until cold, about 1 1⁄2 hr.
3. Mango Purée: Add mango, sugar, and orange and lemon juices to the same saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until mango is very soft, 5 to 6 min. Mash, using a potato masher or whisk, until mixture is a purée. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside to cool. Cover with plastic wrap, then refrigerate until cold, about 1 hr.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 18 g,
- 10 g,
- 1 g,
- 43 mg.